Works in Progress
1964 Plymouth Belvedere
J. D. Morris writes:
In the late 1970's I had a '64 Sport Fury that I built; it ran very low 11's (11 oh's all day long, never dipped into the 10's).
I sold it and regretted it for 20 years until a 33,374 mile completely original '64 Belvedere (318 car) was available in the Fall of 1998.
I bought it, I paid too much for it, and I'm having a BLAST turning it into my version of the perfect hotty.
The car will have a BIG Hemi (572 inch) when completed!
Currently the focus has been on getting the chassis and assorted hardware dialed in.
So far ...... here's where I am at:
- Hemi K-member
- Hemi passenger side shock tower
- Hemi torsion bars
- 4 wheel Wilwood discs
- Front end completely rebuilt
- Car back-halved at Vanderbeck Race Cars (Salem, OR)
- Ladder bar rear suspension
- New Strange Dana 60 with 4.10 gears
- 15 x 14 Centerline Convo-Pros
- 31 x 18.50 Mickey Thompson's
- Triangle 21 gallon fuel cell
- Corbeau Sport seats covered in the original vinyl and cloth
- Rear bench notched to clear tubs and recovered in the same material
- Car completly disassembled and shot with a base coat-clear coat of the original Turquoise Poly color
- Entire underside of the car coated in POR 15
- All trim and chrome redone
- And a million other little details!
The Hemi will be a big inch, fuel-injected, 10 to 1, "civil" powerplant.
I'll keep you posted!
You are doing "the one that got away" one better!
Look forward to future progess reprots!
March 1, 2001
Go back to the Works in Progress Page / Go to the B Body Gallery Page.
Go back to the 1962-1965 Mopar Home Page