Works in Progress
Mark Simmons writes:
This is my work in progress: a 35,000 mile /6 Coronet 330 post.
- Conversion to a Indy Head Max Wedge 451ci & Hemi 4 speed
- Swapping out the 8.3/4 for a 4.10 Dana
- SuperStock springs moved inward
- factory tub's moved in to accommodate the 14.50 T/A's on either Polished Torque Thrusts or A widened set of 15 police Wheels
I'm looking for the low 11.'s
Once the car is mechanically complete it will be disassembled and stripped (dipped) for painting the original color.
Update January 7, 1999:
- Over the holidays I was able to install the clutch pedals & convert the steering column to the floor shift model, also I pulled the instrument panel to sent it to Mr.G's for rechrome along with all the knobs & trim they went to the chrome plater. The biggest new is that the INDY SR HEADS are being ported to Max Wedge size and should be shipped within two weeks this will finish the motor up.
Things are moving along nicely so I'll see
- Update March 13, 1999 --
I have put a new driver's floor in the '65' - here are a few before & after photos:
Update April 4, 2000
Here are a few photos for an update on my 1965.
The car has been dismantled to go out to the stripper this April and then to the paint shop for a nice coat of silver paint.
The last stop before the stripper is the chassis shop to Finnish the roll cage and tie the frame rails together.
I hope to have her on the road by fall.
Thanks, Mark. Good luck with the project. Starting out with such a clean car sure helps! It looks pretty good now & should be a show stopper when done.
Thanks for keeping us posted! You are doing a fantastic job!
Page created December 10, 1998. Updated: January 7, 1999; January 14, 1999, March 13, 1999; April 4, 2000.
Page revised and moved to the new web site garage August 18, 1999.
Go back to the 1962 to 1965 Mopar Web Site Home Page.