Works in Progress
1965 Plymouth Satellite
Jon Lepage writes:
It has been a heck of a 15 months... but we did make some progress. Here goes!
- February 2001: major back surgery
- June 2001: build new garage
- Mid July 2001: move '65 Satellite into new garage
- Good progress mid July to Sept 2001 on Ssatellite
- Mid Sept 2001: 3rd back surgery
- Mid Oct 2001 to late Jan 2002: good progress.
- Feb 2002: fire in new garage, with car in it!
- March 2002: rebuild new garage
As you can see its been very trying on the central nervous system.
Progress to the car is as follows...
- entire underside undercoated
- front end completely disassembled
- front end completley rebuilt and reassembled
- disc brake conversion kit installed
- installed entire new brake line system
- installed new dual bwl master cylinder
- rear drum brakes completely rebuilt
- rear end and suspension removed
- wheel wells cut out and mini tubbed
- mopar spring relocation kit installed
- mopar ss. stock springs installed
- dana 60 with 4.10 gears installed
- Edelbrock asi shocks installed
- pinnion snubber added
- added frame rail connectors
- motor compartment smoothed and color coated
- headers sent to jet hot coatings
- coated headers installed on motor
- motor painted, moved, and installed in car
- Shumacher conv mounts used on motor and trans
- swapped from power steering to manual
- rebuilt manual steering box and installed
- purchased torque converter and flex plate
- installed fiberglass hood
- installed duzs hood fasteners
- installed hemi style hood scoop
I hope to start the car within 3 months or so? Lots of money to spend yet! And it only comes in so fast....
Neither fire nor back problems will prevail.
Carry on with your excellent restoration!
And be careful with your back, man.
February 16, 2001; page two added June 9, 2002